Carpets that make no sound
So here we are back at Maple & Co. shopping for carpets and rugs to further furbish our beloved Corrientes 348. But one would think that in 1924 selection and availability of high quality products would be limited to a remarkable few. Such was not the case. Let us take a look at what types of carpets and rugs Maple & Co. made available for custom-manufacture during this period:
A Wilton deep-pile Persian from the 1930s.
Carpets: Indian, Mirzapore, Masulipatam, Agra, Ellore, Lahore, Persian, Ferahand, Serabend, Turkey, Nomad and Khorassan.
Rugs: Persian, Turkoman, Daghestan, Ferahand, Yhordes, Koula, Turkey, Kurd, Moorish, Mirzapore and Japanese.
Prices for these rugs and carpets were not advertised by Maple & Co. because they were not good they carried in their inventories. These products were manufactured upon request and against exact specifications (size, colour, nap, weave, borders, etc.) from the prospective buyers.
Maple & Co. did however carry large selections of ready made rugs and carpets which, although not to the same standards as the hand-made ones, still were of high quality. Here are some examples and their selling prices in 1924 Argentine pesos:
Patent Brussels or Improved Tapestry Carpets:
- Stout heavy qualities for bedrooms from 1,00 peso per meter
- Stout heavy qualities for reception rooms from 1,15 pesos per meter
- Extra quality from 1,43 pesos per meter
- A variety of old patterns, best quality, very useful from 1,10 pesos per meter.
Wilton Pile Carpet:
- Useful stout quality from 1,45 pesos per meter
- Very heavy, for hard wear from 1,75 pesos per meter
- Best five frame from 2,05 pesos per meter
- Special quality, branded Maple at market prices, recommended and guaranteed.
Axminster and Saxony Pile Carpets:
- Wilton pile from 2,15 pesos per meter
- Best quality from 3,30 pesos per meter.
Real Axminster Carpets:
- Handsome designs for any room, very efficient in appearance from 2,35 pesos per meter.
- These beautiful and durable carpets can be supplied in any size, woven in one piece with borders; prices on application stating full partuiculars of requirements.
A splendid selection of Real Axminster carpets from the 1940s
- Borders can be supplied to match nearly all Tapestry, Brussels, Wilton or Axminster carpets in widths of 35, 45 and 57 centimeters.
Kidderminster, Twill, and Dutch Carpets - all 1 meter wide:
- Plain felts in all the new art colourings, best quality, 1,25m wide, from 1,85 pesos per meter. Plain felts for a suitable carpet where a low toned effect is desired, while they are invaluable either as a basis for oriental rugs, or as surrounds for indian, Persian, Turkey or Axminster carpets. Plain felt is also an excellent material for covering stairs or corridor carpets.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
- Stout Kidderminster for bedrooms from 1,05 pesos per meter
- All-wool from 1,15 pesos per meter
- Super from 1,30 pesos per meter
- Extra super from 1,35 pesos per meter
- Stout Albert twill, for stone passages, landings, etc. from 1,45 pesos per meter
- Best super from 2,00 pesos per meter
- All-wool Dutch for nurseries, secondary bedrooms, etc. from 0,85 pesos per meter
- Best super, very durable from 1,15 pesos per meter
- Hemp Dutch for servants' bedrooms from 0,30 pesos per meter
- The new two-ply and three-ply Kidderminster in squares with fringed borders as introduced by Maple & Co. in all the new artistic designs and colourings.